Come join us for our Back to School Edition of Slowdance Night in Montreal! As the nights get colder, it's nice to find a pair of warm arms to hold you.
With a lending library of designated dancers for all you wallflowers, and a dancecard-booklet to set up dances in advance, Slowdance Night has all slow songs, all night long!
Sway, turn and twirl your way through the hipster's alternative to speed-dating. It's high school with a happy ending, and it's queer, senior, and couple-friendly too.
- Sat. September 12, 2009
- Mainline Theatre
- 3997 St-Laurent Blvd.
- (just south of Duluth)
- Doors at 9:30, Dance from 10 PM - 3 AM
- $10 admission includes your dancecard!
- An early-bird soiree : 7pm-midnight!!!
- Sunday, September 13, 2009
- Sala Rossa, 4848 St-Laurent
7pm : DeAnne Smith (queer comic extraordinaire) & We're Coming (blues and a touch of cuntry) set the mood.
8pm - let the dances begin!
Four slow sets with the occasional LIVE song by guest artists. Avec votre liste de tous les slows autour de votre poignet, vous pouvez planifier vos danses et vos breaks de cigarettes!
A dancecard-booklet helps you set up dances and breaks in advance!
* Inspired attire, while desired, is not required. It's high school with a happy ending! *
Shy? Come early and enjoy the company of our DESIGANTED DANCERS (photos below) at your service from 8-9pm:
- Miriam Ginestier (Meow Mix Mistress)
- Nora Rohman (High Femme queer organizer, DJ, singer, & sexologist)
- Ian Poe Kerr (Dukes of Drag)
- Jacky (Dukes of Drag)
- Joey Donnelly (Queer Concordia)
- Von (Perverscite organiser)
- Ahmar Hussein (fun-loving nerd)
- Daniel Baylis (Tourisme Montreal's "Gay Face of Montreal")
Special guest crooners : Nat King Pole, Miss Mitcham, Mim, John, Nora
- Friday, October 2nd, 2009
- Shanghai Restaurant
- 651 Somerset st. W (at Bronson)
- Doors at 9:30, Dance from 10 PM - 2 AM
- $8 admission includes your dancecard!
"Relive the prom without the angst." - the Canadian Press
"In an age where physical contact is a scarce commodity, an event that brings strangers safely together is long overdue." - The Montreal Gazette
"I really like hugging people, and this is like, a five-minute hug." - Telyn Kusalik, one of our guests